Wednesday, October 12, 2011

GOOD MORNING GIRLS WEEK 4

Week 4:  1 John 12-17
http://biblehub.com/1_john/2-12.htm

I know everyone has one of those light bulb moments and something falls right into place. That is what has happened to me during this weeks Good Morning Girls reading.

When I first looked at 1 John verse 12 "I write unto you little children, because your sins are forgive you for his name's sake. "  I saw John referring to all of God children. Then after doing some meditating and studying it came to me that he was talking about our area of spiritual growth.  "Little Children" referrers to the new believer the new follower those who have been forgiven but have not yet experienced life with Christ though trouble and trials


After discovering this wonderful piece of knowledge verse 13 made a lot more sense to me "I write unto you fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning.  I write unto you young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children because ye have have know the father.  In this verse we are introduced to two other levels of spiritual growth. First the "Father" this referrers to the experienced Christian the one who know God words and works. This person has a deep knowledge of the Lord and is often a spiritual leader of other.


Next is the "Young Man" this is where I think of myself as being in the middle. The "young men" have grown past being a little child and have experienced life with God they have been though trouble and trials and have overcome them. They are still maturing but have met the devil and his deeds and over came them.



I am still amazed at how much the Lord reveled to me in verses that at one point did not seem to make much sense to me.

In a wrap up:
Three stages of spirituality;
1)Little Child:
2) Young Man:
3) Father.

Where are you in your spiritual growth and were would you like to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment