Thursday, August 20, 2015

BABY STROLLERS FOR MY DAUGHTER

When my daughter was younger, she loved to emulate me. If she was not helping me with her baby brother, she would be tending to her baby dolls like I tended to him. She would feed her doll while I fed her brother, and then we would burp the two of them together.

She would push her favorite doll in a doll stroller, sometimes even while I was pushing my son in the baby stroller. When her toy carriage broke, I decided to buy her a new one from Valco Baby, which is where I bought the children’s real strollers. I reasoned that if the toy stroller was made anything like the company’s other products it would last a long time.

My theory proved to be very accurate. The fake one was made with the same care and precision as the real one. The former was modeled after the latter; it included a sunshade and large storage basket in which she kept her own set of toy bottles and snacks.

Frequently, she would forgo the pretend play in favor of riding in the stroller with her brother. The stroller I used could be converted from single seat stroller into a double stroller with the addition of a toddler seat. This way, when she got tired of walking she could sit beside her brother, hang out with him, and take in the sights, as I pushed both of them along.

1 comment: